Would you like to teach your children God’s Word, but struggle to find great resources?
- Do you know that teaching your children the Bible is important, but you are too busy to make it happen in the morning and too tired to make it happen at the end of a busy day?
- Do you want to have family devotions, but don’t know where to start? Do you feel unqualified to teach your children from the Bible? Or do you secretly feel like Bible reading is a chore to be endured?
- Are you frustrated by your spouse’s lack of support and your kids’ resistance when it comes to family devotions?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, I totally understand where you are coming from, because I have been there too!
The reality is, we’ve only got about eighteen years to give our kids a solid foundation in Biblical truth before sending them out into the world. My girls are nine years old already. Half of their “growing up” years have already been spent. And while I cannot guarantee my children’s salvation, with God’s help I will do everything in my power to make sure that my children know the truth in the short time that I have with them.
How about you? How far along into this parenting journey are you? Have you been intentionally using the time that God has given you to consistently teach your children God’s Word? If you need improvement in this area, it’s never too late to start!
Path Through the Narrow Gate is here to help you discover how doable and enjoyable consistent family Bible study can be. You CAN feel equipped and excited about giving your children a solid foundation in Biblical truth.
The desire of my heart is to be faithful in teaching my children about God’s Word and to build a community of people who are serious about their faith and committed to teaching their children about God. Will you join with me in this endeavor? It’s easy- just subscribe to the newsletter and like us on facebook. You will receive an email from Path Through the Narrow Gate once a week with the latest family Bible resources, Christian parenting articles, fun Bible-based crafts, or book lists.
If you would like to read more about what Path Through the Narrow Gate offers, please check out the “Start Here” page. This page will guide you through some of the most popular and useful content from Path Through the Narrow Gate.
My Life Story…
My name is Anna Joy. I am a Christian mother and the blogger behind Path Through the Narrow Gate. I am passionate about helping families discover that Bible study is not only doable, but also enjoyable!
I grew up in Belém do Pará, a city of 1.5 million people at the mouth of the Amazon River in Brazil, where my parents were serving as missionaries. I am a registered nurse turned stay-at-home wife and mother to twin daughters and one son.
I love God’s Word, family, music, books, baking, a clean home, singing in church, candles, and peaceful evenings. I desire to learn Spanish and the celtic fiddle – because I really don’t have enough to do right now. Most of all, I aspire to simply walk with God and to be a blessing to people around me.
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died for my sins, and that He rose again on the third day. I believe that we can only be saved by putting our faith in His work, because our own “works” will never be good enough for a holy God. But I also believe that growing in holiness is a sign that a person truly is a Christian.
If you are wondering, I belong to a Baptist church, but have also been influenced by some reformed theology. (You can find a more complete statement of faith at the end of this page.)
I am humbled and awed by the epic story of good and evil, of love and self-sacrifice that I find in the Scriptures. My heart is broken by the evil and suffering I see around me and by my own sin and rebellion against God. I long for the day when my great Creator God returns to judge the world in righteousness, to set all things right. My heart yearns for the day when every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.
A Little Bit About My Family….
This blog is truly a family effort! Here is a little more information about the family behind the blog:
My husband is my stability and rock in so many ways. He is a loving father to our children. He works very hard at an often demanding job to support our family. My husband helps me with the theology behind the Bible studies.
My eldest daughter (by two minutes, as her sister is quick to point out) is my reader and science lover. She is an extrovert and a very confident young lady, but also enjoys time by herself with her nose stuck in a book. She has read almost all of the books in the book lists on this blog and I often ask her opinion on books before I recommend them.
My second daughter is full of laughter. She loves art and is my go-to girl for coming up with craft ideas for the blog. She also helps me try out the craft ideas and gives me lots of feedback. She loves crossword puzzles and word searches, which is why you will see lots of those puzzles pop up on the Bible study pages.
My son is serious and quiet. He craves routine and order. He helps me with feedback on the Level 1 Bible studies, and he excels at teasing his sisters.
Thanks again for stopping by. I hope that you will take a moment to sign up for e-mails so that we can keep in touch. (You will also get access to the entire library of free printables just for signing up!) If you have any thoughts, please comment below. I would love to hear from you.
My Statement of Faith:
1. I believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, completely without error. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. I believe in one all-powerful, completely holy Creator God, Who is perfectly expressed in the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
3. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and is equal with God the Father (John 10:30). He was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), lived a perfectly sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), showed his power through many miracles (John 2:11; John 20:30-31), died in our place so that we might be saved (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), rose again the third day (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4), and is now at the right hand of God the Father (Mark 16:19; Romans 8:34-35). One day He will return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11; Philippians 2:9-11).
4. I believe that people are justified by faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and not by any works which they may do (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Philippians 3:9; Romans 3:23; 5:1-11; Ephesians 2:9-10; Titus 3:5).
5. I believe in the resurrection of all people (saved and unsaved) and in a literal heaven and hell (John 5:28-29).
6. I believe the Holy Spirit lives in Christians and enables them to grow in godliness (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30).
Get the FREE Bible Study
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter and download the Wisdom Talks: Discussing God's Wisdom for Everyday Life Family Bible Study.